Sunday, August 30, 2015

Camel Milk


Mr. Adventure had to go down to the clinic for the health examination required for obtaining his student visa. This basically involves every kind of medical testing known to man, including ex-rays, ultrasound, and blood work. At one point he texted me asking, "An ultrasound? Really? Can't they just take my word that I'm not pregnant?" And then, "I hope it's a girl!" 

Anyway, while he was there, he ran into a guy from Uzbekistan. They struck up a conversation in Russian, and Mr. Adventure's new friend was shocked to learn that we do not milk our horses in Texas. "Well, do you at least milk your camels?" he wanted to know. When he found out that Mr. Adventure had never even tasted camel milk he insisted on taking him out to get some so he could try it!


They drove about 30 minutes out of town to a camel dairy(I didn't even know that was a thing!), sat down at a table right next to the camels, ordered a big pitcher of camel milk, and drank glass after glass while they chatted.


Mr. Adventure brought back a bottle of milk so I could try it. It's not bad. Similar to goat's milk but sweeter. But personally, I think I'll leave the camel milk for the baby camels.


No comments:

Post a Comment